Impress your boss. Impress your colleagues. Turn drab into fab. Tell your story with awesome charts in Excel. This webinar will equip you with the knowledge you need to turn your numerical data into a set of engaging, attention-grabbing and easy-to-understand visuals!
Excel - A Beginner’s Guide to Effective Charts is your step-by-step guide to mastering one of Excel’s most powerful features. Whether you’re presenting data at work, managing personal projects, or simply love numbers, this training is designed to transform you from an Excel novice into a confident chart creator!
“Every Picture Tells a Story” is a popular saying which is true not only in everyday life but in Excel too. Behind every set of numerical data is a story waiting to be told. The telling of this story needs to be succinct, easy to understand and engaging. For most people it’s much easier to understand data, uncover important insights and make better decisions if that data is displayed in a visual way.
Drab-to-Fab. Engaging. Attention-grabbing you can create a basic chart in Excel with a couple of mouse clicks or even a single keypress but the result is very plain and not at all engaging.
This training will teach you how to make your charts more visually appealing so that they grab people’s attention. Infographics are a popular way of presenting data. After participating in this course, you’ll be able to convert a bland chart into an awesome infographic with just a few mouse clicks!
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Learn how to select the most appropriate chart to convey your message
- Learn how to create a chart from a set of data and change its appearance
- Learn how to create infographic-style charts
- Learn how to integrate Excel charts with other applications such as Word and PowerPoint
Who Will Benefit:
- Selecting the appropriate visual
- Creating a basic chart (bar, column, line, pie)
- Changing the chart type and data source
- Dynamic charts - automate adding new data to a chart
- From Drab to Fab - convert a basic chart into an eye-catching visual
- Fill the bars with images and shapes to create infographic-style charts
- This training is designed for existing users of Excel who have little or no experience of creating charts. Windows users should at a minimum, have Excel 2010. Mac users will need Excel 2016 or later
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012 He founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a wide variety of technology-related topics.
Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organisations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.