The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit
HRTraininngs is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
We are finally coming out of an incredibly challenging and stressful couple of years and are moving into a still uncertain 2023 and beyond! Life and the workplace have changed and this new normal will continue to evolve for some time. So, why as a senior leader, or line manager or human resource professional, should you be concerned with succession planning when you have so many other problems and demands to deal with?
The reason is that the pandemic and post-pandemic years have created massive challenges for every organization- big and small. Therefore, effective leadership, at all levels, will be more crucial than ever to thrive in this new normal.
The goal of succession planning is to continuously identify and develop high-performers capable of meeting the present and future needs of your team, department, or business. Through the real-world succession planning process outlined in this webinar, you then can recruit superior employees, develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities, and prepare them for advancement into ever more challenging roles. This will guarantee that you have a strong leadership bench on hand to quickly fill the new or vacated roles as well as deal with the unexpected challenges that can occur during this new normal.
Why you should Attend:
Succession planning is not just naming the new CEO. In fact, it's not about putting a name behind a title at all. That is called replacement planning. And when it is only used during times of crisis - when a company must name somebody to fill a vacant role quickly - that’s not succession planning either. That is crisis management!
Therefore, best-practice organizations utilize succession planning to not only prepare for potential leadership challenges, but also to rely on such plans to develop and maintain the strong leadership that is required to grow and keep pace with changes in their business, industry, and the overall marketplace. Succession planning will continue to become more integrated into the everyday life of organizations, moving from a formal 'annual event' to becoming a part of the daily fabric of doing business
Realize that all organizations are only as strong as their leaders. High-performing organizations make leadership development, at all levels, a top priority. So how does your organization shape up? Which of the top best practices is being used in your organization to develop leaders? Which of these practices should you consider adopting to develop your future leaders?
This webinar will cover these key areas for effective succession planning.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- How to identify your potential leaders who can assume greater responsibility in the organization
- How to build leadership competencies that will be required for positions today and the future
- How to support the leadership development of your top talent as well as your high potentials
Who Will Benefit:
- Learn the 3 reasons why succession planning is so essential during times of rapid change
- Compare succession planning vs replacement planning: They are different!
- Discover the seven deadly sins of succession planning: What not to do!
- Appy the seven best practices of succession planning: How to make it work!
- Examine the pros and cons of internal vs external to fill specific positions: Which is better?
- Understand the 70-20-10 rule for developing your future leaders: What it is and how to use it
- Utilize the Center for Creative Leadership’s 3 key elements for leader development: Assessment - Challenge -Support
- VP of Human Resources
- Chief Learning Officer
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Human Resources Professionals
Marcia Zidle is a board-certified executive coach, business management consultant and keynote speaker, who helps organizations to leverage their leadership and human capital assets.
She has 25 years of management, business consulting and international experience in a variety of industries including health care, financial services, oil and gas, manufacturing, insurance, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, government and nonprofits.
She brings an expertise in strategy and alignment; social and emotional intelligence; executive and team leadership; employee engagement and innovation; personal and organization change management.
She has been selected one of LinkedIn Profinder’s top coaches for the past 5 years.